Wednesday, March 18, 2009

OK, I'm inspired now!


I picked this bloom at my friend's house today - it was growing wild up the side of her house (and she says she can't keep any plants alive!) Isn't it beautiful? My Granny used to grow dahlias so I've always loved them - their colours. I've put this one on the wee bookcase beside my bed. It's in a vase my Nana gave me, on a coaster with Snifters on (a minty New Zealand sweet), and you can see my current bedtime reading. Well, I don't actually get to read coz I'm getting to bed so late, but I like to think I could! It's the lastest Your Home & Garden, and Stephanie Dowrick's Choosing Happiness. I just bought this book from Borders yesterday with some vouchers my sister gave me for my birthday. Delicious!
The small yellow thing with black on is an owl token Wayne brought me back from Canada last year. Have I mentioned I love owls? This one gives me strength when I want to feel wise.
Ka kite!

No comments: