Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The birthday!






Well, my son has turned 8. He was a beautiful babe, if a bit chubbily!



And here is a shot of the birthday, with a look of glee at the prospect of opening his gifts!


Birthdays are amazing coz they always remind me of how precious my family and friends are .. with some many different possible illnesses, and dangers of daily living, it really is quite an achievement when our children our healthy and happy. Ahhh, memory lane.. it really seems like a few short months since that 'hottest day for 100 years' in July 2001 (Surrey, England) when he was born... What a sweetie he is.

And, speaking of sweet things, here are some photos of our creative pursuits in the rainy school holidays (which, unlike Ciaran's birth, do seem like a distant memory, amidst the sea of 'getting back to work'!)

This is Ciaran's first ever stitching project, a brooch he made for himself:

and my foray into the world of molly chicken (a blog I found and thoroughly enjoyed reading through!) resulted in this cute chicken, and numerous mice. I did NOT attempt the doghouse, although Em was keen!

The chick has a wee pocket at the front that you can put the wee heart into. Mrs Molly Chicken offers that a diamond piece of jewellery could be put into there if one's husband was so taken. No diamonds have appeared in mine as yet!

Anyway, amidst life and school, birthday celebrations have been had, a safer, bigger (read: impressive) motorbike have been purchased, and the sun shone today. I have plenty of blessings to count, and some work to do.. so off I pop.
C x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one and I want it now!!!!! Where is my Molly Chicken.....

Ahipara Girl said...

thats a beautiful baby you have Cheryl, I love the badge and the chicken just steals my heart. what a lovely creative family.