Saturday, July 11, 2009

decluttering update...

Hmmm, the deliciousness of the last post continued through the week, I am happy to say. The culmination was yesterday when Wayne and I had a day out together. A. whole. day.

It made us strong enough to declutter our budget today. That was scary. We had to be brave. Actually, it was me who had to be brave. Courage was required for the confirmation of the sneaking suspicion that we fritter a great deal of money. Well, obviously I'm not talking millions.. haha, if only, eh! but you know, I'm realising it's about choices. The choices of what we keep. The choices of what we collect. The choices of swapping money energy for space energy, for inspiration energy, for soothing energy, nurturing energy.
Goddess Leonie and Lisa have brought this to my attention with our ecourse. Powerful changes are afoot, and they are requiring courage.
My own tidbit of learning has been to 'chunk up'. I think it's an NLP term - instead of seeing dishes to wash, to put away, clothes to wash, to fold, to put away, a bathroom to clean, I am thinking of it in a bigger chunk: the slice of my life I call 'nurturing my family and our home'. Therefore, it makes all of this delicious!

And now, I will finish, and get on to decluttering in another slice of my life (all these food metaphors!).. school.
Bye for now, C x

1 comment:

Ahipara Girl said...

Man, we need to talk. I need to declutter and get back to what's important. That's been rolling around in my head. About living my life truly for what's important. So much wasted on things that don't matter. Owning things that I don't need or even like or use, avoiding some things and feeling drained cos it's all overwhelming. Oh yes, I understand your whoops of joy. Glad you and Wayne got some time off to be man and woman and not just mum and dad. you guys are awesome.