Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Nourishing Sunday!

Ahhh, I am slowly filling my well and it feels lucious.

First, due to a stinky cold, I tucked myself into bed early last night and had a deliciously long sleep..

This morning I provided for my family by going grocery shopping at some very early hour (ok, it was only 8am but I'm not usually out that early, unless it's for my walk to the beach), then, after coffee and crumpets, I got to talk with some very special people on Skype...my Dad, my step-mum and her daughter..

My Dad lives in America, married to a beautiful woman I am proud to have in my family. And, upon gaining a step-mum, I also gained a step-brother and sister - although because we are grown up, I don't really think of it like that! My step-sister, sort of soul-sister (I wonder if she'd agree with the feeling that conveys? We do seem to have a lot in common for the complete strangers we were before our parents met!) is an inspirational, courageous woman too, and so kind-hearted. And.. because it was 'Granma Tricia's birthday, we called her pn Skype to sing, and chat. Shelly was there too, and of course, my Dad.. As always, it was love-ly to see them, and chat with them.

And then, as if this wasn't enough deliciousness.. we donned our new tramping boots and went for a walk up a local track.. we were away for an hour or so and had a peaceful time with the tui and the ferns... Ahhh.

OK, it wasn't entirely peaceful because Ciaran decided to count all the steps we climbed up (there were at least 500, but the exact total is under debate!) but my soul was soothed. Delicious.

And... as if THAT wasn't enough, Emma and I made pikelets for lunch. Homemade, and scrummy with jam (and that cream I whipped!).


Oh, I forgot to mention Rhubarb. He's the donkey who lives at the camp beside Colonial Knob. Ciaran fed him a carrot before we commenced our climb. (Em fed him a carrot too but Rhubarb scoffed it before I could get a photo!)
Happy Sunday to you!

C x

PS: decluttering still continuing! One trip to Trash Palace (what a hardship that was) yeilded a clutter-free hallway, and now it's just back to the lounge, then the budget (that's another story!) TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ahipara Girl said...

Hey gorgeous, what a lovely post. glad your feeling well. you really are the best mum. i am so glad we are friends. i love the way you do life. its pure inspiration. i love the way you are organised and determind to get things right for all the right reasons. it's awesome. i love the sound of that walk. and those donkeys are greedy aren't they. well done on decluttering. it's impressive. i expect you will be able to inspire me too in this area. :) i hope so.